Working in the USA

Thousands of Canadian’s move to the United States every year for employment opportunities. You are not able to simply move to the U.S. and find employment, but there are several categories of US work Visa’s that Canadians are eligible to apply for and work under. In most cases, a U.S. employer will sponsor you for a visa which will allow you to live and work in the United States.

What You Need to Work in the USA

Many Canadians want to come to the United States to work temporarily or move permanently. Before you can work in the United States, you must first acquire the appropriate immigration employment authorization. You must be approved for one of the following 3 items…

Employment Authorization Card
Work Permit

U.S. Employment Authorization Work Permit


US Employment Visa

Permanent Resident Card
Green Card

U.S. Permanent Resident Green Card

To apply for one of these documents listed above, you must meet different requirements. If your application is approved, the conditions you must meet and how long you can work in the United States will depend on whether you receive a green card, work permit, or visa.

Most Popular U.S. Work Visa’s for Canadians

Immigration Questions? We Are Here to Help!

Our U.S. Immigration Team Will Provide a FREE Consultation to Discuss Your Needs
Unfortunately We Do Not Help With Finding Employment